- Australia seemed to have more than enough people behind the ball, just not in a very effective way. Chile's first goal was well taken, but the defence just wasn't up to the task.
- Chile's second goal was just good team football on their part. Australia had no answer to their open attacking style of play.
- It took 25 minutes for Australia to string together a play that looked like they were playing as a team. From then on, they were generally competitive.
- Attacking-wise, Australia are a one-trick pony. Put it close to Cahill's head and hope for the best. Worked twice, though once was offside.
- Good end-to-end football, exciting play from both teams.
- 3-1 was probably flattering to Chile - those first 20 minutes that really hurt the Socceroos. Outside of that, neither team dominated, though Chile looked more deadly going forward.
Saturday, 14 June 2014
[Note: Socceroos fan]